I've installed the following plugins for Mozilla FireFox:
- Google Toolbar. The easiest way to search directly from your browser. This toolbar is included with the download from the top of this page.
- Clone Window. One of the
Internet Explorer features I really missed when staring to use Mozilla FireFox
was that it didn't create a new version of the current window when opening a
new window. That is if I pressed Ctrl-N I also had to copy and paste the URL
from the address bar. Fortunately this plugin solved that problem. I don't know
whether I'll re-install it with a new install since I tend to use tabbed
browsing much more now.
I haven't tried it (it's on my todo list) is to test the Duplicate Tab extension, it looks promising.
- User Agent Switcher. The extension let's you pretend to be any browser. This is helpful for sites that require Internet Explorer to work. Comes from the same developer as the WebDeveloper toolbar above.
- Switch Proxy. The extension I linked originally to is no longer available. Quickly change proxy settings, ideal for checking whether other people see your websites the same as you do.
- The following entries are more related to Web Development and Search Engine
Optimisation. These extensions might not be relevant for all.
- Live HTTP Headers. Handy plugin to view which status headers the sever sends back to your browser.
- Fangs: The Screen Reader Emulator. You can view a pages as if you are looking at it with a screen reader. This helps create accessible webpages. Which reminds me, I should probably test this website to see whether they are still ok.
- Search Status. Provides quick access to the number of pages indexed and the number of backwards links as reported by the three major search engines. (Google, MSN & Yahoo)